The "Kings Arms" tavern dates back to the 16th century, and records show in 1605 it was known as the "Sigmun Galli". The name comes from the Latin sign of the cock, and the cock inn at that time entertained the infamous sport of cock fighting.
The name was retained for over 200 years unit finally cock fighting was abolished during the rein of king William IV, it was renamed the "Kings Arms" sometime around 1830.
During the 18th century the saloon bar was used for brewing and in 1749 after the death of the then land lord and infantry of an astonishing 8,712 gallons of beer was discovered.
This would suggest the "Kings Arms" was a supplier to many other public houses in the area.